[U-Boot] What's wrong with this code?

Dennis Semakin insane79 at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 26 09:40:01 CET 2010

Hello,
Months ago I had a problem with network on Colibri PXA320. A applied all patches from Marek's web
site http://openpxa.sourceforge.net/, but net didn't work at all in U-Boot and in Linux.
When I tried to read/write into/from ethernet chip I/O registers, that was mapped in the memory, system hung.

See http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2010-February/009279.html

Solution was prompted by Daniel Mack (Thanks Daniel).

Add this code to lowlevel_init function in U-Boot:
//begin
ldr r0, =CKENA
ldr r1, [r0]
orr r1, r1, #(CKENA_4_NAND | CKENA_9_SMC)
str r1, [r0]
ldr r1, [r0]
//end

After that network has worked in u-boot and in linux.
Also he said: "It did see this code, but it wasn't taken for upstream, for reasons I
cannot remember..."

What's wrong with this code?

Thanks,
Best Regards