[U-Boot] Killed Sheeva Plug

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Mar 26 09:49:27 CET 2010

Hi Norbert,

> Hello
> Let me first say that I am *completely* new to U-Boot.
> I have a Sheeva Plug with a board Rev1.3.
>
> While trying to learn about it, at the U-Boot prompt I issued a command
> I'd better not issued:
> nand erase
> It seems, U-Boot did what I asked to do...
> No U-Boot prompt any more and nothing else:-(

Argh.

> Is there any description available on how to bring it back to life?
> Do I need additional hardware to do so?
> I read about a JTAG board in this context.
> Is such a thing necessary?
> You see, I am really not familiar with this topic.
> Therefore any advice would really be appreciated.

Well, I'm no expert for Sheeva plugs, but most ARM processors have some
kind of Ur-Loader implemented in internal ROM, which can be used to load
something from e.g. a serial connection, an SD card, or even a USB
connection.  So you may well be lucky as not to need any more hardware
to revive your brick ;)

So I'd suggest to get the CPU documentation and find the relevant parts.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
There are three kinds of people in the world; those who can count and
those who can't.