[U-Boot] What's wrong with this code?

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Fri Mar 26 11:09:50 CET 2010

Hi Dennis,

> Hi
>>
>>  Why don't you wrap this change into a patch and post it here[1] on the
>>  mailing list.  If there are reasons not to merge it, the respective
>>  people will speak up.
>
> Because it's not my patch. I didn't write it. I did only copy and paste.

That's not a big problem.  Depending on how correct you want to be, you
could either use "git commit --author <original author>" to commit tha
change into your tree and then use git-send-email to post the patch
here.  The git toolchain will correctly keep the authors name even if
you post the patches.  Note that patches regularly get (re-)posted by
people not being the original author.  As long as it is correct from a
copyright point of view, this is not a problem.

On such a small change however, you may also simply put a short "code
originally by ..." in the commit message.

The _relevant_ part is that people here need a patch to do a proper
review of the change you propose.

Cheers
  Detlev

--