[U-Boot] git merge summary

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Mon Mar 29 11:32:23 CEST 2010

Hi Alexander,

> may I ask if there is reason why merge commits don't have a summary?

Yes, you may.  Actually this is a good question.

> I find those summaries (enabled with git config [--global] merge.summary
> true) very hand to see what was changed with the merge commit.

I didn't even know about that feature, so thanks for poking us.
Checking the documentation, it seems like the name will change soon
however (man git-fmt-merge-msg):

       merge.summary
           Synonym to merge.log; this is deprecated and will be removed
           in the future.

But apart from that, I also like the feature.  Wolfgang, what do you
think?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
Mit einem Leben wie dem meinen, Doktor - wer braucht da noch Traeume?
                                            - Alex Portnoy