[U-Boot] Saving environment variables in MMC

Nitin Mahajan nitinm76 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 14:04:43 CEST 2010

Hello,

--- On Mon, 29/3/10, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:

> From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org>
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] Saving environment variables in MMC
> To: u-boot at lists.denx.de, nitinm76 at yahoo.com
> Date: Monday, 29 March, 2010, 11:12 PM
> On Monday 29 March 2010 11:21:22
> Nitin Mahajan wrote:
> > I want to save and retrieve environment variables from
> a file in MMC. Can I
> > get some pointers towards this?
> >
> > Whether env_relocate_spec() and other such functions,
> has some
> > implementation for MMC also?
>
> search the archives.  some people have posted some
> patches recently.
> -mike

I checked the mails and I would go through the patches. In addition to this, I need to modify the environment variables(stored in a file) from Linux userland.

Whether it is OK to follow such an approach?

For this whether tools\fw_env.c is the right option?

regards

-Nitin

      Get your preferred Email name!