[U-Boot] Saving environment variables in MMC

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Wed Mar 31 16:34:30 CEST 2010

Hi Nitin,

> Thanks for the information. I just wanted to have a feedback, whether
> having a use-case of writing env variables from Linux User space is a
> good idea or is not recommended?

You found tools/env/fw_env.c showing that this functionality is indeed
foreseen and used.

It is rather common to write to the U-Boot environment in projects for
example to switch to a new set of kernel+file system after an update
from within linux for the next boot.

Is this feedback enough?

Cheers
  Detlev

--
The structure of a system reflects the structure of the organization
that built it.