[U-Boot] [OT] - Solved : Memory Mapped CF Card (IDE) and Linux

Graeme Russ graeme.russ at gmail.com
Sun May 2 23:20:41 CEST 2010

Hi,

I found how to access my Direct-Mapped CF Card (thanks to Alan Cox) and I
think the solution to this particular case may be of some help to others
here...

Linux 2.6 provides a primitive 'PATA Platform' driver (primitive in that
it is a very low-level driver, not primitive in its code maturity). This
driver only supports 16-bit access to the PATA device. My hardware has
only 8 data bits of the CF card wired up. The solution is to tweak the
PATA Platform data_xfer() funcitons slightly to replace the 16-bit I/O
functions with 8-bit I/O functions.

More information can be found at (linux-ide archive):

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-ide/msg37519.html

Regards,

Graeme