[U-Boot] U-Boot ram disk

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue May 4 00:49:18 CEST 2010

On 05/03/2010 05:33 PM, Nuno Cardoso wrote:
> hi,
>
> the big problem is that I have an embedded system where I don't know the
> login password to login. I forgot the password, and try and try... but I
> can't remember. The system had some important information, so I want to
> restore the system.
>
> The steps that I want to follow are:
> 1) save the target rootfs to my machine;
> 2) mount the filesystem on my machine;
> 3) change the rot password;
> 4) finally, store the new file system on the taget machine (embedded
> system).

Have you tried adding "init=/bin/sh" to the bootargs variable?

> Can I load the rootfs from NAND Flash to ramdisk (nand read xxxx rootfs
> size) and print the memory at address xxxx from memory to display (md xxxxx)
> and save the GTKTerm display to a local file and do some kind of process to
> remove the wrong caracters??? Maybe with this I can do this??? What is yout
> opinion????

I suppose you could do this (using something like xxd to undo the hex
dump), but that would be a lot to copy and paste.

The only other option I can see from a quick look is the "saves" command
to upload data to the host in S-record format.

-Scott