[U-Boot] Makefile and build stiching for ARM SoC

Ayewin Oung ayewinoung at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 20:05:04 CEST 2010

Hi list

This is my "Hi, I am new to U-Boot, how do I get started?"  email..

I would like to add NXP's LPC32x0 SoC ARM926EJS based SoC, "specifc" code
under   "../cpu/arm926ejs/lpc32x0" as mentioned in the README file.  So that
our boards which uses LPC32x0 SoC can link with them.

Could someone let me know how I should add "Makefile" under .../lpc32x0 and
how is that going get inovked from top leve "Makefile", I'm not expert in
Makefiles, but should  manage simple changes ?

The thing I'm missing is, how is to level Makefile's

xxxx_config : unconfig
    @$(MKCONFIG) $(@:_config=) arm arm926ejs xxxx <aaa> <bbb>

To actually invoking which Makefiles in which sub-directories etc...

My appologies for not being up to speed to Makefiles and appreciate your
helps.

A.

ps. NXP should have done this really !!!