[U-Boot] Random problem on MPC8640D based board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 5 08:32:40 CEST 2010

Dear "Thirumalai",

In message <8F0ECFAA4F2C46928A69DE95FAF2A07B at itd210> you wrote:

> We are using MPC8640 in our board. During booting we are getting TRAP 200
> randomly.  Some times it is booting without any issue some times it trapped
> into the exception 200 and automatically restarts itself.  The PowerPC
> archietecture defines TRAP 200 will be due to some TLB miss and related
> things.  Can you please suggest me how to identify the source of the issue
> and solve the problem.

Did you try booting Linux on that board?  Let me guess: if you tried,
it crashed, right?

I recommend to check the RAM initialization sequence. I bet you see
memory corruption effects.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
What can it profit a man to gain the whole world and to come  to  his
property with a gastric ulcer, a blown prostate, and bifocals?
                                     -- John Steinbeck, _Cannery Row_