[U-Boot] u-boot hangs after detecting DDR3 RAM and Flash.

prakash bedge prakash.bedge at gmail.com
Thu May 6 15:06:38 CEST 2010

Hi Stefan,

But, my DDR3 initialization seems to be completed and I am not getting any
error in DDR3 initialization.

Another issue I am facing that if I add 2 pritinf functions before or after
DDR initialization the DDR3 initialization code hangs in between
and if I remove the printf functions, everything is working fine and after
disabling the EE bit I am able to see the u-boot proopt
This is not desired and I am looking in that problem.

if I replace the printf whith udelay(5) then also I am facing same issue.

In BDI3000 debugger I am seeing that after set_timer(0) function in
cpu/ppc4xx/board.c when I execute next fucntion
/* Initialize from environment */
 if ((s = getenv ("loadaddr")) != NULL) { ... }
then u-boot hangs in between during the execution of getenv(..) function.
What may be the reason?

Which registers I should see to check the address of instruction which
causes exception?

Regards,
Prakash