[U-Boot] U-Boot "public API" example desired

jimc at sdateam.com jimc at sdateam.com
Thu May 6 17:59:47 CEST 2010

 Is there an example available of the use of the U-Boot "public API"
or of a "stand-alone application", that can be, or is, sanctioned by
someone who would definitely know (for example, Wolfgang Denk) as
being not a derived work?
 I've seen several discussions in various mailing lists about these
interfaces but I have not seen a definite example that qualifies. It
is not clear that the examples in the U-Boot source trees completely
qualify. The most recent tree I've seen is 2010.03, which I got from
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/u-boot/u-boot-2010.03.tar.bz2.
 Web searches I've done have revealed only theoretical discussion or
discussion of future needs and possible improvements. I've probably
missed it, can someone provide a pointer?
 Thank you very much.
 Jim