[U-Boot] NAND flash parameters.

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu May 6 20:11:26 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 06, 2010 at 10:40:21AM +0100, Ayewin Oung wrote:
> How do I modify SLC NAND flash parameters for u-boot ?
>
> When I say "nand parameters", I meant things like " how many pages in a
> block, how many blocks and how big is each page,"  not timing.
>
> Is it per NAND controller implementation specific or is it more generic
> across u-boot?

These parameters are dictated by the physical hardware.  If you mean how do
you tell U-Boot about how the hardare is laid out, typically it is
automatically detected, but some things like bus width and page size need to
be specified for certain drivers.  The way to do this is specific to the
controller driver, but typically involves defining certain symbols in the
board config header.

-Scott