[U-Boot] 83xx build errors

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Mon May 10 23:14:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, 10 May 2010 14:11:20 -0700
Ron Madrid <ron_madrid at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 5/10/10, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > are you aware of these MPC8315ERDB_NAND and SIMPC8313_LP
> > build errors
> > in current mainline code:
> >
> >     NAND bootstrap too big
>
> I was not aware of this as the last patch I submitted to
> mpc83xx built fine with both _LP_ and _SP_ configs.  I'm
> not quite so git savy, so how am I able to know what's
> been changed recently that would have caused this?  As it
> stands right now my build is 8 bytes too big in
> mainstream and in mpc83xx.

I git bisected it to this commit:

commit 167cdad1372917bc11c636c359aad02625291fa9
Author: Graeme Russ <graeme.russ at gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Apr 24 00:05:46 2010 +1000

    SERIAL: Enable port-mapped access

which (admittedly legitimately) converts NS16550_init to use io
accessors, which expanded the size of the generated code.

We should find more candidates to delete from the nand_spl code...

Kim