[U-Boot] Building for da830 fails

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon May 10 23:17:09 CEST 2010

Dear Timur Tabi,

In message <4BE43218.2060209 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> > /home/smcnutt/27xx/u-boot.git/lib/display_options.c:66: undefined
> > reference to `__udivdi3'
> > /home/smcnutt/27xx/u-boot.git/lib/display_options.c:69: undefined
> > reference to `__umoddi3'
> > /home/smcnutt/27xx/u-boot.git/lib/display_options.c:70: undefined
> > reference to `__udivdi3'
>
> Man, I knew ARM sucked, but I didn't know it was this bad :-)

Heh. Wait. So far we don't even deal with things like caches ;-)

> which means that in order to support support printing 64-bit numbers on ARM,
> we might need to completely rewrite print_size() to avoid division on 64-bit
> numbers.

This actually makes little sense to me. Avoiding this here will just
make the problem pop up somewhare else later.

> Wolfgang, do you have any suggestions?

Not really. The thing is that I don't see any such problem:

Not really. The thing is that I don't see any such problem:

$ ./MAKEALL da830evm
Configuring for da830evm board...
 155610    4876  295320  455806   6f47e /work/wd/tmp-da830evm/u-boot

Boards compiled: 1

Seems to be a toolchain issue. [ELDK rulez :-)]

Ah. With "USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes" I see this one:

	undefined reference to `__aeabi_uldivmod'

Note that this is __aeabi_uldivmod, not __udivdi3.

Which version of compiler / which tool chain are you using?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.