[U-Boot] Does anyone know how to use FIT uImage

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Tue May 18 05:14:23 CEST 2010

Hi Terry,

On Tue, 2010-05-18 at 10:59 +0800, Lv Terry-R65388 wrote:
> Hi, experts,
>
>     I've encountered an error in making FIT uImage.

<snip>

>     Does anyone know what the problem is?

Your .its input file looks OK to me.  What version of mkimage are you
using?  And what version of the dtc is in your path?  I'd recommend
giving the same steps a try using the tools/mkimage in the latest U-Boot
tree as well as the dtc in the latest Linux kernel tree at
scripts/dtc/dtc.

Best,
Peter

PS. Just tried it and it looks like it works with the latest mkimage and
dtc versions:
ptyser at petert u-boot $ ./tools/mkimage -f fsl_kernel.its kernel.itb
DTC: dts->dtb  on file "fsl_kernel.its"
FIT description: Simple image with single Linux kernel
Created:         Mon May 17 22:12:36 2010
 Image 0 (kernel at 1)
  Type:         Kernel Image
  Compression:  uncompressed
  Data Size:    149051 Bytes = 145.56 kB = 0.14 MB
  Architecture: ARM
  OS:           Linux
  Load Address: 0x70008000
  Entry Point:  0x70008000