[U-Boot] *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Tue May 18 09:55:58 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 09:11:16 anup behare wrote:
> While using u-boot for ppc440 based board we are getting "*** Warning - bad
> CRC, using default environment" message.
> On denx site we came to know that message is printed because the flash
> sector or ERPROM containing the environment variables has never been
> initialized yet.
> Is there any fix to remove this warning  message without passing the
> saveenv command on u-boot prompt?

No, these is no "fix", since this is not a bug but a desired feature.

Why do you want to change this behaviour? Don't you have any environment
storage area at all? Then you should define CONFIG_ENV_IS_NOWHERE in your
board config header.

Cheers,
Stefan

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-0 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de