[U-Boot] libfdt: make fdt_increase_size() available to everyone

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 19 17:44:17 CEST 2010

Dear Timur Tabi,

In message <4BF4051A.1090202 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> You make a lot of statements saying that I can do this and I can do
> that, but you provide no examples. Have you even looked at the code
> to see what such a change would require?

No, I haven't. I don't have to look at that code to see that what you
are trying to do is wrong. It's not my task to provide a solution to
ypur problem; all I want to make sure is we do not add code that is
known to have problems.

> In fact, I think that's what I will do.  I thought I was being polite by
> simply re-using an existing function, but I'd rather just copy the code into
> boot_relocate_fdt() if it means I don't have to argue with you about it.

What makes you think such a patch would be accepted?

Don't try to wiggle out of the symptoms. Please solve the problem at
the root.

I think he have sufficiently discussed this topic now?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that  causes  you
to  stumble.  Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you
have crossed the mountain.