[U-Boot] miiphy.h vs linux/mii.h

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Thu May 20 07:20:36 CEST 2010

Hi Mike,

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo.org> wrote:

> in reviewing some phy code i noticed that there's quite a good bit of
> duplication between miiphy.h and linux/mii.h.  i imagine this is largely
> historical as miiphy.h dates back quite a long time, but moving forward,
> should we just do a mass conversion from the u-boot specific miiphy.h
> defines
> to the more common linux/mii.h defines ?  should be easy to do for most
> with a
> few sed statements ...
> -mike

I started down this path a while ago and then got distracted...  When I last
checked, the linux/mii.h was quite out of date wrt the kernel.org version,
so if doing this we should update first.  I agree that the current state is
confusing and that miiphy is mainly a subset of linux.mii, with the same
numbers but different mnemonics.  Like you say, a simple sed script should
do the trick.

regards,
Ben