[U-Boot] Watchdog support for ppc4xx

Mark Maestas maestas at aplabs.com
Thu May 20 19:58:38 CEST 2010

Thanks Stefan,

I actually determined that after the git repository build did the same
thing.  I changed it to use the SPRN_TCR and SPRN_TSR values but I did
see in processor.h where TSR and TCR are defined so I will modify it
based on those values.  The watchdog reset notification is very useful
and we have done that with red boot on a different project so I will
make an attempt to implement the same functionality.  Basically you need
to detect if the watchdog did force a reset and ideally how long the
system was running before it reset to determine which partition to boot
in a dual partition setup.

Thanks for the quick response.  I will work to create a patch for this
functionality according to the u-boot standards.

Mark