[U-Boot] nios2 custodian

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 25 13:22:49 CEST 2010

Dear Thomas Chou,

In message <4BFB6F8D.30201 at wytron.com.tw> you wrote:

> Since Scott is very busy, I'd be willing to take over the maintenance of
> nios2 in u-boot.
>
> I've been doing nios development for ten years. We work closely with
> Altera. I maintain nios2-linux, nios2-dev mailing list, the nios2 git
> repos and nios wiki, which is sponsored by Altera. Though I am new to
> this list, we maintained nios2 updates in our own git repo for years.
>
> I will do my best to support the community. Thank you.

Thanks for your offer.  I understand you are concerned that your
patches don't get processed as fast as you'd like.  I'm sorry for
that.

Is this understanding correct, or are there other / additional reasons
why you would like to take over?

So far, Scott has done a good job as custodian. As far as I remember,
there have never been any complaints about his work.  Also, he assured
me that he is willing to continue performing this duty, to the best of
his capabilities.