[U-Boot] libfdt: make fdt_increase_size() available to everyone

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Wed May 26 19:23:12 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 11:38:27AM -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> I believe we should have a board-specific function that figures out how much
> extra space is needed, and just returns a single integer that the
> boot_relocate_fdt() uses to pad the FDT when it relocates it.

Why don't we just grow the FDT on demand, after we make sure that it always
lives someplace that is safely growable?

Or if we absolutely must resize it all at once, have a variable that
contains the size required, which gets increased by whatever init code
determines a reason for it (whether it be QE firmware in this environment
variable, some other firmware in that environment variable, just a bunch of
nodes that u-boot creates on this platform, etc).

-Scott