[U-Boot] AT91 working SD with u-boot

Kalyan kriskalyan21 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 21:03:24 CEST 2010

Sebastian Heutling <heutling <at> who-ing.de> writes:

> Hi Konrad,
>
> are you using the AT91SAM9G20-EK?
>
> In that case the difference between us is that I'm working on a
> different board which is using the slotb MCI while the AT91SAM9G20-EK
> uses slota.
>
> In case of slota it just worked because MCI_SDCR is 0 on reset but for
> slotb the SDCSEL field must be set to 1.
>
> Regards
>
> Sebastian Heutling
>
> On 10/01/2009 09:59 AM, Konrad Mattheis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > for me this is working:
> >
> > Downloaded u-boot 2009.08
> >
> > file cpu/arm926ejs/at91/at91sam9260_devices.c
> >>
> >> changed:
> >> to:
> >
> > patches:
> >
> > SOC headers:
> > http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-September/060053.html
> >
> > SD Patch V3
> > http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-September/060243.html
> >
> > MCI support
> > http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-August/059595.html
> >
> > add to board init code:
> >
> > at91_mciX_hw_init (X for mci unit 0 / 1) for parameters have a look at
cpu/arm926ejs/at91/at91sam9260_devices.c

> > bye
> > Konrad Mattheis

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your post. Could you please let me know what configurations are
to be added to /include/configs/board.h file to enable MMC/SD support.
I've added the following configurations

/* MMC/SD Support */

/* To include File system support for MMC */
#define CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION
#define CONFIG_CMD_EXT2
#define CONFIG_CMD_FAT
#define CONFIG_MMC
#define CONFIG_GENERIC_MMC
#define CONFIG_DAVINCI_MMC
#define CONFIG_CMD_MM

/* To enable Environment variables to reside on MMC.  */
#define CONFIG_DOS_PARTITION	1
//#undef CONFIG_MMC
#define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_BASE		0xFFFB4000
#define CONFIG_SYS_MMC_BLOCKSIZE	512

and when I enter mmcinit, u-boot says command not found. Please find the logs:
and thanks alot for your time :)

Electrum> mmcElectrum> mmc
Usage:
MMC sub system