[U-Boot] No network in Linux on Olimex SAM9_L9260 ( Atmel AT91SAM9260EK )

Thorsten Mühlfelder muehlfelder at enertex.de
Fri May 28 11:26:23 CEST 2010

Am Friday 28 May 2010 10:45:39 schrieb Eric Bénard:
> Hi,
>
> Le 28/05/2010 10:29, Thorsten Mühlfelder a écrit :
> > 2. After endless compile sessions (I never compiled u-boot before) I'm
> > completely out of any idea what I can try now to get network in Linux
> > working. Any suggestions? :-)
>
> are you sure the PHY is wired the same way as on the eval board ? It can
> be either MII or RMII which makes a big difference.
>
> Eric

Thank you very much, you made my day!! :-)

I've checked the include/configs/at91sam9260ek.h file for ethernet settings.
There was "#define CONFIG_RMII   1" set. I've changed the section to:

/* Ethernet */
#define CONFIG_MACB			1
#undef CONFIG_RMII
#define CONFIG_NET_MULTI		1
#define CONFIG_NET_RETRY_COUNT		20
#define CONFIG_RESET_PHY_R		1

And now it works!

Yesterday I've wasted my whole day on this issue but today evening I'll have a
beer on you ;-) Cheers!