[U-Boot] Trying to redirect console in Gumstix Overo

John Wilson john.wilson at erigo.com
Fri May 28 17:25:21 CEST 2010

I would like to change the console from UART3 to UART2 on a Gumstix Overo platform.  Here is what I have done thus far, which doesn't work (as explained below):

Made the following tweaks in include/configs/omap3_overo.h:

    a. Changed the console definitions to be:

            #define CONFIG_CONS_INDEX                                     2

            #define CONFIG_SYS_NS16550_COM2                      OMAP34XX_UART2

            #define CONFIG_SERIAL2                                                2

    b. Changed the console line in CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS to be:

            "console=ttyS1,115200n8\0"

This isn't quite working.  When I initially boot the Overo, I get the following brief output (on ttyS2, not ttyS1), but then the computer doesn't boot further:

Texas Instruments X-Loader 1.4.3 (Feb 16 2010 - 10:36:47)

Reading boot sector

What else do I need to change?   Is there some default environment or NAND settings or anything else I need to change or get rid of before this will work?  I am running of an SD card.

Any insight is very appreciated!

John

John P. Wilson
Engineer
Erigo Technologies LLC
64 Main St./P.O. Box 899
Enfield, NH 03748

P: 603.632.4156
C: 603.252.2087
F: 603.676.0162

www.erigo.com <http://exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.erigo.com>

Notice: This email (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, and then delete it. Thank you.