[U-Boot] various at91 patches to make some boards compilable again

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Nov 1 10:30:59 CET 2010

Dear Alexander Stein,

In message <201011010950.05938.alexander.stein at systec-electronic.com> you wrote:

> Well, I have only occasional access to at91sam9g20ek and at91sam9263ek atm.

If U-Boot has been tested on these boards, you can list yourself as
maintainer.  If any later changes should require testing and you find
yourself in a position that you cannot do that any more (for whatever
reason), we can still orphan or even remove these boards.

> All other boards were just done by adjusting the same things. I'm unsure how
> well I could maintain those boards.

Agreed.

> > But if we receive no positive test reports in some time, those boards
> > ultimately have to be deleted.
> >
> > I can only test on an at91sam9xe-ek.

Well, I suggest we add respective notes to the MAINTAINERS file: in
addition to the "orphaned" group of boards, we could add an "orphaned
/ untested / remove-list" group entry.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"At least they're __________EXPERIENCED incompetents"