[U-Boot] Add video support for mx51evk

Stefano Babic sbabic at denx.de
Tue Nov 2 09:59:39 CET 2010

On 11/02/2010 09:35 AM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Stefano Babic,
>
> In message <4CCFB244.2000909 at denx.de> you wrote:
>>
>> Consider this, I do not think the actual computation in lcd_setmem() is
>> correct. We need to compute the maximum amount of memory to be reserved
>> to the framebuffer, not the value requested by the current display
>> interface. We could add a CONFIG_SYS_VIDEO_SIZE that contains the
>> maximum amount of memory needed, because the value is strictly
>> board-dependent, and change lcd_setmem to use it. Anatolij, what do you
>> think about this ?
>
> Why cannot you determine the exact amount needed at runtime?

Agree, we can do it, and it is better - I do not think we need really to
change dinamically (I mean, in the same u-boot session) the LCD
connected to the framebuffer, reason that requires to reserve the
maximum amount of memory.

We could introduce a weak function, that a board maintainer can decide
to implement or not. This maintains the compatibility with the most
drivers where vpanel is static initialized.

Stefano

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de