[U-Boot] [RFC] arm926ejs: fix jump to RAM nand_boot

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Tue Nov 2 10:42:22 CET 2010

Le 02/11/2010 10:34, Reinhard Meyer a écrit :

> My original message was: "please to not give people the idea that they can
> avoid relocation by loading u-boot at the exact address the relocation would
> calculate. That is bound to *really* break at the slightest change to u-boot."

Oh, I see. What you mean is "if people force the loading of u-boot at a
fixed address which happens to be its current relocated address, a
change of size in u-boot will break because the relocated address will
change but the forced address won't.

I was talking about a different thing, which is "if u-boot finds that
the address at which it runs now is the address at which it should run,
then it can skip relocation (copy and fixups)".

> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Amicalement,
--