[U-Boot] U Boot ethernet problem

Moshe Artzi moshe_a at niron-sys.com
Wed Nov 3 16:28:50 CET 2010

I have tried :tftp , dhcp , tftpboot.
Using tftpd32 server application

-----Original Message-----
From: Marek Vasut [mailto:marek.vasut at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 4:29 PM
To: Moshe Artzi
Cc: 'Gena Chap'; u-boot at lists.denx.de; openocd-development at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: U Boot ethernet problem

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 14:59:55 Moshe Artzi wrote:
> Hi Marek,
>

> I finally running u boot on my PXA320 but,
>
> I don't know why but,
>

> When I'm sending ping from the u boot to the host it pings ok.
>
> But when I'm trying to ping from the host to the u boot it lost.
>
> That's why I'm not able to download an image to the u boot.

Because u-boot only starts the network chip for the time when it sends
packets.
It doesn't activelly wait for pings (the chip is off), that's why it doesn't

react.

It's not the reason why you're not able to download the image. The fact it
pings
means the network chip works. What command do you use to download the image?