[U-Boot] MPC8377: USB breaks board

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Fri Nov 5 15:51:13 CET 2010

Jocke,

sorry to bother you again, but it might relate to our last discussion.

Actually my MPC8377 based board is up and running with basic functionality.
Now I'm trying to add USB support - but as soon as CONFIG_USB_EHCI_FSL is
defined serial line is pretty dead again.

This means again there's something wrong at the very beggining.

Diff'ing the System.map gives almost identical layout up to cpu_init_f
... which adds USB specific code making the rest move, of course.

The only difference is the location of __got2_entries :

WORKING:
000004a5 A __fixup_entries
0000070b A __got2_entries
fc000044 T version_string
[...]

NOT WORKING:
000004a5 A __fixup_entries
00000712 A __got2_entries
fc000044 T version_string
[...]

What makes __got2_entries move ?

Why is __fixup_entries completely unaligned ? Looks pretty unusual to me.

Any idea if this can lead to malfunction ?

Regards,
André

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner