[U-Boot] at91 family status

Andreas Bießmann andreas.devel at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 8 20:38:12 CET 2010

Dear Claudio,

Am 08.11.2010 um 19:33 schrieb Claudio:

> Hi all,
> I started to rework the netus board patch for a second submission. In
> the last few months a lot of changes have broken the entire at91
> family boards according to MAKEALL at91 [1].

almost all arm boards where broken ...

> For a few boards, like mine, make fails with a segfault during final
> link; how to deal with this problem?

fix it ;)

There where some major changes regarding arm relocation. Some boards currently fixed but a lot not.
Please see u-boot-atmel.git tree for a not yet submitted at91sam9 board called top9000. This could be a good starting point for you. AFAIR relocation on arm926ejs is working on that board so you may get your board fixed.

Some boards (e.g. at91rm9200ek) do have the mentioned linker segfault problem. We got it down to some undefined weak symbols which let the linker stumble. But a clean fix for that is not found til now.
Sebastien Carlier tries to cleanup the linking stage, this may solves this issue.

regards

Andreas Bießmann