[U-Boot] ARM: OMAP3/4: proposal: Cleanup MUX

Premi, Sanjeev premi at ti.com
Tue Nov 9 09:48:34 CET 2010

[sp] In my opinion, we need to do minimal and necessary MUX settings
     in u-boot and let kernel manage itself.

     This also helps ensure that problems noticed in kernel are easy
     to replicate on other similar platforms. Last year I spent long
     time in convincing that wake-up on keypad was not working in Linux
     kernel; but folks using OMAP3430SDP maintained it worked fine.
     Root cause - relevant PADCONF was set in u-boot for 3430SDP.
     (not quoting mail-chain)

     We may not be able to eliminate such instances altogether - but
     can have less of such instances.

> post 2011March as a good time to start pushing the relevant
> changes in?
> if that is the case, I will start posting RFCs in the coming weeks so

[sp] Can you list what chanages you are trying to propose? ...without
     going as far as RFC.

     the mails quoted in previous message are again too long and wide
     in discussion. A concise list will help.

~sanjeev