[U-Boot] nand spl build with wrong CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Nov 9 21:13:00 CET 2010

Dear Scott Wood,

In message <20101109130427.5e918954 at udp111988uds.am.freescale.net> you wrote:

> > For me it is on the fly when running a single "make all" sees these
> > values changing.
>
> In any case, the right answer is a separate autoconf.mk per image.

NAK.  If different images need to be linked with different text base
addresses, they should use separate variables.

Having these lists of #ifdef's and needing to know "umm, now we're in
the context of building FOO image, so TEXT_BASE might be that; oh,
wrong, it's the other #if branch actually, it should be this" is just
what you see right now: a maintenance nightmare.

Lets get rid of this mess, and use a separate variable for each
separate purpose.

Name space is big enough, so we don't have to redefine the meaning of
variables like that.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Lack of skill dictates economy of style.                - Joey Ramone