[U-Boot] kirkwood: CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR wrong?

Heiko Schocher hs at denx.de
Wed Nov 10 16:02:44 CET 2010

Hello Daniel,

Daniel Hobi wrote:
> Hi Heiko,
>
> On 10.11.2010 15:15, Heiko Schocher wrote:
>> Daniel Hobi wrote:
>>> @Heiko: include/configs/km_arm.h may have the same problem.
>> I made a patch for this, see:
>>
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2010-November/081275.html
>
> Reading your patch, I noticed that we don't align the early stack
> pointer to an 8-byte boundary which may lead to the problem described here:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/69342

This article is from 2009-10-06 06:44:22 GMT (1 year, 5 weeks, 2 hours and 15 minutes ago)

> Since you seem to be the author of the relevant assembly code, could you
> please prepare a fix (adding "bic sp, sp, #7")?

We do this, since relocation is introduced, now here:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot.git;a=blob;f=arch/arm/lib/board.c;h=1fd5f8362f7a3e1a076c44e9f554e6c0297dfdb0;hb=0c0892be0d93a5a892b93739c5eb3bf692fed4ff

line 405

bye,
Heiko