[U-Boot] MPC8377: USB breaks board

Andre Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Thu Nov 11 13:24:37 CET 2010

Kim, Timur,

some comments on this from your side would really help !

The issue can be summarized like this :

- MPC8377 based board is basically running fine with both U-Boot and Linux.
- Activating USB support within U-Boot leads to *very* early crash :
      No console output - not even PCI clocks enabled.
- Within Linux USB is working without problems, i.e. there's no hardware
issue.

I have an SMSC USB3300 PHY connected via ULPI and a self powered SMSC
2514 1:4 Hub.
This is exactly the same as on mvblm7 board (=MPC8343).

This behaviour reminds me of e.g. one or more missing sync instructions
during early init as discussed with Jocke in the past weeks.

It is very unlikely that I'm the only one facing this problem.

Can you at least tell me whether there are 837x boards known to work
with latest code utilizing USB and Nor-Boot ?

Regards,
André

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner