[U-Boot] MPC8377: USB breaks board

Schwarz,Andre andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Thu Nov 11 21:11:43 CET 2010

Timur,

> > - Activating USB support within U-Boot leads to *very* early crash :
> >      No console output - not even PCI clocks enabled.
>
> I don't know anything about USB or the 8377, but it could be that
> you're U-Boot image is too large.  Try disabling some other large
> feature (like PCI and Ethernet support) and booting that image.
I'm at 300KiB at the moment with plenty of flash.
Is there anything specific you're thinking about ?

Will try to dig into it by disabling USB init functions step-by-step then ...

Cheers,
André

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner