[U-Boot] previous two e-mails are RFC/demonstration!

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sun Nov 14 21:24:37 CET 2010

Le 14/11/2010 20:42, Reinhard Meyer a écrit :

> 1. I am quite sure that in arm/lib/board.c
> __asm__ __volatile__("": : :"memory");
> was never needed and definitely is not needed anymore.
> Can anyone shed some light on why this was added?
> Probably just copied from other architectures where some trickery
> around gd was done?

This kind of barrier is needed when the compiler might reorder code
without seeing a dependency (I met such a case in the Marvell egiga
driver code). Here, I don't see the reason offhand.

> 4. start.S need just set the SP to CONFIG_SYS_INIT_SP_ADDR,
> if one wants to be over-cautious extra alignment *can* be done.

Currently start.S sets the stack twice, once before calling
board_init_f, and once in relocate_code. Are you suggesting we remove
the second sp setting?

> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Amicalement,