[U-Boot] ProgramCheck exception when u-boot starts

Per Dalén per.dalen at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 19:05:59 CET 2010

Hi,

I am currently trying to get u-boot working on our new P2020E card.
The card is using 512 Mbyte DDR3 memmory and a 128 MByte NOR flash.
For my tests I also have a P2020-RDB card and a BDI3000.
I have been able to get u-boot working from flash, but the problems
begin when the in_ram function is called. The result is always a
ProgramCheck exception. I have verified that the u-boot is correctly
copied into ram (so the relocate_code seems to work) and I have made
some simple memtests (run from flash) to test my DDR3 settings and
verified the tests together with our hw guys and the signals seems to
be ok.
I haven't been able to run gdb on our board (don't know why, works
great on the P2020-RDB) so I can't step in the code.

What can be course of my ProgramCheck exception and how should I
proceed with my tests?

thanks in advance
Per Dalén