[U-Boot] fw_setenv broken?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Nov 18 00:05:06 CET 2010

Dear Steve Sakoman,

In message <1290034139.2927.1192.camel at quadra> you wrote:

> I patched readenv to use the same nand_read_skip_bad function used in
> the command line "nand read" tool.  I no longer get the -EUCLEAN errors
> when reading the environment after using fw_setenv to write from linux.
> Now I get:
>
> *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
>
> Checking the data with the "nand read" command line shows that the
> changes I made in linux are indeed there, so I suspect that there is
> also some mismatch in the CRC computation between the fw tools and the
> u-boot code (i.e. I'm pretty sure this error does *not* refer to the
> nand CRC)

Try and use the "crc32" command in U-Boot tocheck if the checksum is
correct. Check if the environment size in your board config file and
in the fw_env.conf file match.  Check if both match wether or not
redundant env is used.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The amount of time between slipping on the peel and  landing  on  the
pavement is precisely 1 bananosecond.