[U-Boot] Force setting of ethact

DUNDA Matthias Matthias.DUNDA at thalesgroup.com
Thu Nov 18 14:15:43 CET 2010

Hi all-

I've been struggeling with the ethact setting in U-Boot: I want U-Boot to load from eTSEC0 on our board, but it always comes up with ethact = UEC0 or FSL UEC0 in older versions.

As ethact is not persistent, my only workaround so far was to change net/eth.c so that at all occasions, where ethact is set, it is set to eTSEC0 - during development, this was OK for me, but now I am cleaning up!

What's the intended/desired function of ethact, and how should it be initialized? Even using CONFIG_ETHPRIME has no effect.