[U-Boot] Bad FIT image found

Leif Sörman leif.sorman at enea.com
Thu Nov 25 14:54:01 CET 2010

I'm trying to boot my rtos OSE with the bootm command but it fails.

I have made a uimage for the rtos and download it to the target at address 0x1000000.

I've also downloaded a flat device tree blob to address 0x400000.

u-boot says

=> bootm 0x1000000 - 0x400000

WARNING: adjusting available memory to 30000000

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 01000000 ...

   Image Name:   kalle

   Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)

   Data Size:    3232544 Bytes =  3.1 MB

   Load Address: 00200000

   Entry Point:  00200000

   Verifying Checksum ... OK

## Flattened Device Tree blob at 00400000

   Booting using the fdt blob at 0x400000

OK

ERROR: image is not a fdt - must RESET the board to recover.

U-Boot 2009.11-00002-g56804ff (May 14 2010 - 09:57:11)

When I do fdt header on the blob u-boot says

=> fdt header

magic:                  0xd00dfeed

totalsize:              0xa34a (41802)

off_dt_struct:          0x38

off_dt_strings:         0x8df4

off_mem_rsvmap:         0x28

version:                17

last_comp_version:      16

boot_cpuid_phys:        0x0

size_dt_strings:        0x556

size_dt_struct:         0x8dbc

number mem_rsv:         0x0

That looks OK to me.

When I do iminfo on the blob u-boot says

=> iminfo

## Checking Image at 00400000 ...

   FIT image found

Bad FIT image format!

Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

Leif Sörman
Software Engineer
R&D OSE Labs Core
Enea
Skalholtsgatan 9,
Box 1033, SE-164 21 Kista, Sweden
Direct: +46 8 5071 4218
Mobile: +46 70 971 4218
leif.sorman at enea.com
www.enea.com

This message, including attachments, is CONFIDENTIAL. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you received this email by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.