[U-Boot] Pull request: u-boot-arm

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Nov 27 10:06:32 CET 2010

Le 27/11/2010 08:43, Dirk Behme a écrit :

> Doing a './MAKEALL ARMV7' on the recent master (d4752d5d2...) doesn't
> look nice [2].

Globally, this is expected and does not hit only ARMV7 but any ARM board
-- I think on the whole MAKEALL arm, only 35 out of 168 boards build
without errors or warnings (more do build, but with warnings though).

ELF relocation was introduced during this cycle, on all ARM cpus but
only on a handful of boards. Others need to be fixed by their
maintainers. Typically, those which miss a CONFIG_SYS_SDRAM_BASE are hit
by this issue. Note that not fixing all boards is voluntary: those
boards whose maintainer will not have fixed during the coming cycle will
be removed--as a janitorial matter, one could say.

For others -- the break may or may not be a consequence of ELF
relocation. This will have to be fixed on an individual basis.

> Are there any other pending patches to fix the compilation of the
> failing boards?

These shall be fixed by their maintainers.

Wolfgang, should I send out a (single) mail to each ARM board maintainer
right after this cycle asking them to either fix their board or say that
they are not going to? This could help weed out during next cycle.

> Thanks
>
> Dirk

Amicalement,
--