[U-Boot] Build failures with older toolchain

Premi, Sanjeev premi at ti.com
Mon Nov 29 11:44:06 CET 2010

[sp] I do try to snip the messages. I didn't do so this time
     to maintain context - but, may be, I erred on wrong side.

> In message
> <B85A65D85D7EB246BE421B3FB0FBB5930247A0A94F at dbde02.ent.ti.com>
>  you wrote:

[snip]

> Are you sure these are the only errors you see?
>
> Because for me, building for omap3_evm fails like this:
>
> start.S: Assembler messages:
> start.S:144: Error: constant expression expected -- `ldr
> sp,=((0x4020FFFC-CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE))'
> make[1]: *** [/work/wd/tmp-arm/arch/arm/cpu/armv7/start.o] Error 1
> make: *** [/work/wd/tmp-arm/arch/arm/cpu/armv7/start.o] Error 2
> make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make: *** wait: No child processes.  Stop.
>
> And this is a clear indication that the board support code has not
> been adapted yet (CONFIG_SYS_GBL_DATA_SIZE has been replaced by
> GENERATED_GBL_DATA_SIZE some time ago).

[sp] I just responded to Albert' message on same issue.

     I stumbled on the current problem while trying to fix just the
     problem you notice here.

     Assuming relation, I had not submitted the patch - so far. But
     it looks to be causing more confusion - so patch follows in next
     few mins.

~sanjeev