[U-Boot] Try to fix Board eb_cpux9k2

Albert ARIBAUD albert at aribaud.net
Tue Nov 30 09:37:06 CET 2010

Le 29/11/2010 20:58, Jens Scharsig a écrit :
> Dear Albert ARIBAUD,
>
> I have tried to start update the eb_cpux9k2 board. I can compile
> board without errors from current tree. But the board hangs on
> NAND detection. If I disable NAND support, the board starts and
> I can also start Linux.

We've had issues in the past with boards that did not detect NAND. Can
you look up the u-boot archives for this?

> A second problem, the board does not restart (reset command).
> I find out that a NULL pointer used by reset code, was also
> relocated.

How did you come to this conclusion? NULL pointers are constants and
thus are *not* relocated.

> I have currently no access to a BDI2000. But I think, this problems
> are not board specific. It is possible, there are problems with
> vector tables or memory protection
>
> Any suggestions?

I suggest visually running through all (board or cpu-specific) code that
runs as part of execution board_init_f() and checking that no global is
ever used -- BSS or initialized.

> The board use 920t on at91rm9200 soc
>
> regard
> Jens Scharsig