[U-Boot] ARM relocation, probably trivial mistake - back to original problem

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Oct 1 13:37:02 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk,
>> <nitpick>
>> it became illegal once u-boot for AT91 became required to be relocated
>> </nitpick>
>
> No, it has always been illegal. You might thave been lucky that in
> your case the erros did not show up erarlier, but this does not change
> anything.

Sorry, before recently there was no relocation whatsoever used in
u-boot for AT91 architectures. So there was no before/after relocation.

The only complaint that can be put up is that someone introduced functions
using static data called from code that in other architectures runs before
relocation ;)

Whatever, I am not an advocate for Atmel, neither am I getting paid by them,
I am just a "user" that has to fix problems I did not expect to be there.

For the fix, I see an ugly multiline
#if defined(AT91SAM9260) || defined(AT91SAM9G20) || ...
coming into arch/arm/asm/global_data.h.

There is no common defined value for all AT91 SoCs that could be used.

Will that be ok?

Reinhard