[U-Boot] ARM relocation, probably trivial mistake - back to original problem

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Oct 1 14:49:46 CEST 2010

Dear Reinhard Meyer,

In message <4CA5D26D.2090505 at emk-elektronik.de> you wrote:

> > If this is really for all AT91 SoCs, then please feel free to
> > introduce a common define (CONFIG_SYS_AT91 ?) and use that. Eventually
> > you can clean up some other such #if's on the way.
>
> That would have to be set either in each board.h file or in each at91*.h
> file.

Isn't there a central place?

> > Probably there is a header file common to all AT91 SoCs when then can
> > use a single such construct to #define the new variable so you don;t
> > have to touch all the many board config files.
>
> The only files I can see included in each instance are those of the kind
> hardware.h, memory_map.h and similiar. The define does not really belong
> in any of those.

If no better place is found, we can even add this to <common.h> (we do
similar things there already for CONFIG_MPC866_FAMILY, CONFIG_MPC86x,
CONFIG_MPC8272_FAMILY, CONFIG_TQM8xxM, CONFIG_TQM8xxL, etc.

> Q: after relocation, "gd->" values are still available, right?

Yes, it gets relocated to RAM, too, and then remains available.

> I am searching for further "violations"...

Good luck!

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
EMACS belongs in <sys/errno.h>: Editor too big!