[U-Boot] [RFC] move nand_init after pci_init in arch/powerpc/lib/board.c ?

André Schwarz andre.schwarz at matrix-vision.de
Fri Oct 1 14:50:18 CEST 2010

Actually I'm trying to implement a simple bitbanged Nand-Flash
device connected to a PCI FPGA.

I'm running latest U-Boot on mvBL-M7 board (MPC8343).

Unfortunately nand_init() gets called before pci_init() within
arch/powerpc/lib/board.c ?

Is there any possibility to defer nand_init after pci_init ?

To minimize impact we could introduce a second nand_init after pci_init
depending on e.g. CONFIG_NAND_LATE_INIT ... of course being mutually
exclusive with the first instance.

Regards,
André

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstrasse 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner