[U-Boot] ARM relocation, probably trivial mistake - back to original problem

Reinhard Meyer u-boot at emk-elektronik.de
Fri Oct 1 16:55:33 CEST 2010

Dear Wolfgang Denk,
>> The environment issues still persist. I am at a loss
>> there now.
>>
>> Observation: the old style commands "setenv", "printenv", etc.
>> work, but any "env" command except for "env" alone crashes.
>
> OK. If "printenv" works and "env print" fails then it has nothing to
> do with the environment code itself, as both call the same function.
>
> It must have something to do with the implementation of subcommands
> then. See do_env() in "common/cmd_nvedit.c"; check if the command
> table address for find_cmd_tbl() is OK.
>
> Eventually other commands with subcommands fail as well (i2c ?) ?

Nope, other commands with subcommands work fine. I did not test ALL
but mmc, i2c, nand behave normally.

I suspect something to do with a 256k boundary maybe, u-boot.bin is
short of 256k. I changed the initial bootstrap to load 496k
yesterday (before that the unrelocated version did fail in some
commands).

I'll keep investigating.

But the bad CRC issue must be something unrelated, or maybe not?

Best Regards,
Reinhard