[U-Boot] ARM relocation, question to Heiko

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Oct 2 09:53:59 CEST 2010

Le 02/10/2010 09:15, Reinhard Meyer a écrit :
> Hello Heiko,
>
> I try to understand how the relocation process could handle pointers (to
> functions or other data) in const or data sections.
> Your code cannot know what is data and what is a pointer that needs
> adjustment?
>
> Best Regards,
> Reinhard

Hi Reinhart,

Short answer - the relocation process does not handle pointers inside
data structures.

And yes, this means the content arrays of pointers such as init_sequence
is not relocated. Been there, done that, can give you one of the
tee-shirts I got :)

ATM I have not found a way to fix this, except making the code which
uses the pointers aware that the are location-sensitive and fix them
when using them.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.