[U-Boot] denx/master is not building for OMAP3 platforms except Beagle

Rogan Dawes rogan at dawes.za.net
Mon Oct 4 08:40:36 CEST 2010

On 2010/10/04 8:00 AM, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> Hello Hiremath,
>
> Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I think the current denx/matser is broken and is not building up for OMAP3 platforms except Beagle board.
>
> but they should compile if you define CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC
>
> or compile with:
>
> "CONFIG_SYS_ARM_WITHOUT_RELOC=1 ./MAKEALL board"
>
> But be aware, this option wil be removed ...
>
> bye,
> Heiko

For what it is worth, would it be possible to have a more verbose error
message that actually provides a reference to what needs to be done,
rather than simply failing with an obscure message about DRAM configuration?

I ended up bisecting the tree to find the commit, and suitable
references for what needs to be done to get a board working again, after
searching "git log -p" for "SDRAM" got me nowhere.

Surely having e.g.

#if (not fixed config)
#error See http://blah/blah/blah for information about how to fix your board
#endif

would be more beneficial than an obscure compiler failure that doesn't
even reference useful keywords?

Regards,

Rogan